CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The inaugural post and recipe: White Chili

Hello, everyone! Tam and I have come up with what we think is a pretty good idea. We want to have a place where we can all share recipes that are easy, simple and healthy. So we created this blog to do that. If you have a recipe that fits our criteria, post it on here, and label it, chicken, beef, side dish, soup, whatever. Right now, Tam, Courtney, Dani, Nicki, Sherlene and I are all listed as authors, we can all post, if you know anyone else interested, let me know, and I'll add them as authors, too. The hope is that eventually we will have this great resource to pull from, and we'll all have these great recipes at our fingertips. So, here is my first offering! I made this chili the other night, and it was so easy and yummy. Try it out! Also, I have some requests. Someone, Nicki or Tam, please post the chocolate zucchini cake recipe. Courtney, please post your kale salad recipe. Sherlene, post often, everything you make is always delicious and healthy.

White Chili

2 Tbs olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 Tbs chopped garlic
1 lb lean ground chicken
3 cups chicken broth
2 Tbs lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder, or to tast
1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
1 15 oz. can great northern beans, rinsed
2 cups fresh spinach

1. In a large deep-sided skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add onion, garlic and chicken. Cook 10 minutes, or until chicken is white.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except spinach, and stir well. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in spinach, cook 1 minute, or until wilted.

My variations: I added the lime juice when I added the spinach so that it didn't cook out, I was really generous with the spinach, and I added two heaping tsp. of chili powder (don't worry, it wasn't spicy at all)

1 comments:

Tamra said...

Thank you soooo much Lauren!!!!
This will really be great for sharing with our family a new generation of scrumdillyicious healthy recipes!